Friday, July 20, 2012

Bridges to Kindergarten

The education foundation that serves the public schools in my hometown offers amazing summer enrichment programs taught by teachers.  I applied to teach a program this summer, and submitted a proposal for an introduction to kindergarten.  I was excited when they said, "Let's do it!"  We had it scheduled for two different weeks.  One of the weeks was canceled due to lack of participants - this was surprising to all of us!  We thought we would have to cancel the second week as well.  Yesterday there were 3 families interested in the program, and the educational foundation called parents to cancel.  Today we had enough to hold the "camp," and the parents were called again in order to inform them that we would indeed have the program next week!  

My teenage son and I made a mad dash to the school this afternoon to begin prepping the room for the 3 hours a day for four days Bridges program.  I think my teen was excited because I offered to pay him to be my assistant next week! (What money will do for a teen boy!)

Now to finish my plans and ideas for next week!                                                                                     

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good post and useful information.Thanks for sharing the Post.preschool in india

Unknown said...

Great Blog!!! preschoolers can learn everything they need to know in the school of life. Would love to see your article again.Thanks for sharing about preschool. preschool in india